Thermal Products Case Study
The Efficiency of EVERYTHING
High-performance batteries require a high-performance thermal management solution. For our client, Eagle Picher, we took a systems engineering approach to conduct a trade study and a computational analysis that identified an ideal solution from a performance SWaP (size, weight, and power) vantage point and did so affordably.
We don’t sell existing off-the-shelf solutions.
Refreshing the typical aerospace approach
- We engineered the smallest and lightest thermal management solution to enable their product.
- Developed efficiencies to convert and manage the intense heat of the battery and avoid thermal run away.
- We minimized risk by identifying a simpler, safer solution that was still high-performance.
- We worked collaboratively to co-engineer a solution.
- Our solution, a thin graphite heat spreading sheet that moved the heat to liquid cold plates, created a better product that was: low risk, low price, higher performance, more effective, and safer.